OSPFv3 Extension for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks
Contributors: Emmanuel Baccelli | Juan Antonio Cordero | Matthias Philipp
Contents: Description | Download Source Code | Publications and Documents | Useful Resources
This project contains the implementation of an extension to the OSPFv3 routing protocol providing support to different protocol adaptations for operation in wireless ad hoc-networks:
These configurations are implemented as modifications on the source code for the ospf6d daemon (implementing OSPFv3 as specified in RFC 5340) of the Quagga/Zebra networking suite. The resulting code can be used:
- Multi-Point Relays for OSPF (MPR-OSPF), compliant with RFC 5449.
- Multipoint Relays & Smart Peering (MPR+SP), documented in .
- Synchronized Link Overlay Triangular for OSPF (SLOT-OSPF), documented in , .
- Persistency Variations of MPR-OSPF, documented in .
- as part of the Quagga/Zebra networking suite, able to run different routing protocols in a computer, and
- as emulation of the OSPFv3 wireless ad-hoc configurations in the framework of the Georgia Tech Network Simulator (GTNetS).
License, installation and usage of the INRIA OSPFv3 Extension for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks is documented in the User Guide.
Download Source Code
OSPF-MANET (v.00) is distributed under the GPL license and is available for download below.
- ZIP file ospf6d-v00.zip with source (*.h and *.c) files of the modified version of the ospf6d daemon of Quagga/Zebra v0.99-15, supporting the OSPFv3 wireless ad hoc extension.
The INRIA OSPFv3 Extension for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks included in this project can be used for network simulation (as part of GTNetS) or routing purposes (as part of the Quagga/Zebra suite).
Georgia Tech Network Simulator -- GTNetS
GTNetS can be downloaded from here.
This version of GTNetS should be modified with the following files and patches in order to provide support for the OSPFv3 Extensions for MANETs:
Quagga/Zebra Network Routing Suite
The Quagga/Zebra network routing suite can be downloaded (v0.99.15-1) from here.
This version (v0.99.15-1) of the Quagga/Zebra routing software suite should be modified with the following patches in order to provide support for the INRIA OSPFv3 Extension for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks:
Publications and Documents
-  (2012) Cordero, Philipp, Baccelli: Routing Across Wired and Wireless Mesh Networks: Experimental Compound Internetworking with OSPF. IEEE IWCMC 2012.
-  (2011) Cordero, Clausen, Baccelli: MPR+SP: Towards a Unified MPR-based MANET Extension for OSPF. HICSS-44.
-  (2010) Baccelli, Cordero, Jacquet: Optimization of Critical Data Synchronization via Link Overlay RNG in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE MASS 2010.
-  (2010) Baccelli, Cordero, Jacquet: Using Relative Neighborhood Graphs for Reliable Database Synchronization in MANETs. IEEE SECON WiMesh 2010.
-  (2010) Cordero: Adjacency Persistency in OSPF MANET. IET CIICT 2010.
-  (2009) Baccelli, Cordero, Jacquet: Multi-Hop Relaying Techniques with OSPF on Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE ICNC 2009.
- Baccelli, Jacquet, Nguyen, Clausen: RFC 5449, OSPF Multipoint Relay (MPR) Extension for Ad Hoc Networks. February 2009.
- Roy, Chandra: RFC 5820, Extensions to OSPF to Support Mobile Ad Hoc Networking. March 2010.
- Coltun, Ferguson, Moy, Lindem: RFC 5340, OSPF for IPv6. July 2008.
- Moy: RFC 2328, OSPF Version 2. April 1998.
© Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA), 2012